Top-5 - gisteren
Top-5 - afgelopen week
Top-5 - afgelopen maand
Weer & verkeer
Mission Produce Europe, based in Hazeldonk, Breda is looking for an EU Quality Assurance Manager. Mission is a world wide avocado producing and distributing company, very internationally orientated. The head office is situated in Oxnard, California, USA. Other Mission companies are to be found a.o. in Mexico, Chile, Peru.
Since we are growing very fast, we have the vacancy for a Quality Assurance / Ripening Assistant. Below you find to which tasks you will start assisting, and in due course, you can be required to do the tasks on your own.
Assistant Quality Assurance - Ripening
Job Summary:Quality Assurance Control for company products to ensure that the highest standards for quality are maintained. Review and update existing product specifications and standards. Implements various testing and sampling procedures, prepare related reports, and recommend solutions. Promote an understanding of the quality standards with customers. Maintain specifications for company quality processed and procedures and look to innovate and improve all tasks. Work with all areas of the company to communicate quality data and trends to prevent issues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage all arrival inspections and report to source packers.
- Investigate customer claims to determine and track root causes. Coordinate with respective departments to develop corrective actions and implement solutions.
- Prepare quality documents and reports summarizing key metrics, information and trends.
- Analyze data and arrival reports to identify areas for improvement on future arrivals.
- Integrate and implement quality assurance standards throughout product process flow.
- Manage all Food Safety and Compliance documentation and work with Mission team to obtain info from source to send to customers.
- Manage and build a good working relationship from the quality side with all customers in supply chain
- Travel to visit customers in the EU when necessary.
- Ensure alignment of standards and needs between Mission and Customers.
- Maintain and update all QA Standard Operational Procedures.
- Assist with ripening and inspection of all outbound orders.
- Perform equipment calibrations.
- Carry out all standards set forth by Mission Corporate QA Manager.
- Ability to perform fruit shelf life and R&D projects.
- Test product for dry matter, temperature and internal/external defects.
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic, stress environment.
- Ability to deal with changing objectives, deadlines, and priorities beyond one’s control as needed.
- Be proactive, a problem solver.
- Excellent ability to identify business process improvements and report existing deficiencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or related discipline and the wish to develop yourself in Quality Assurance, or equivalent experience.
- Able to work with Microsoft office applications.
- Excellent communication and verbal skills with all levels of the organization.
- Speaking and understanding English and Dutch. (Spanish will be a big advantage!)
- Be able to move pallets in the warehouse with a forklift and put them in and out ripening rooms, or willing to get certificate
- Be willing to learn and understand the ripening of avocado.
- Fast paced mainly cold environment.
- Food facility requires food safe behavior.
- Utilize ladders, computer tablets and other tools to monitor quality.
- Lift, push, pull and grasp between 4 - 11.5 kilo boxes while standing and kneeling.
- Work in cold conditions from 5C – 12C
- Work in a high traffic area.
We offer:A market conform salary and benefits. The possibility to be part of a growing company and to work with a very motivated team.
If you are interested, please send (before June 13th) your application and resume in English to:
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.