Top 5 - gisteren
Top 5 - afgelopen week
Top 5 - afgelopen maand
Quality Assurance Manager
Fairtrasa is a global social enterprise founded on a unique farmer development model that lifts small-scale growers out of poverty. The company brings marginalised farmers into the global supply chain by providing tailored training programs, certification, capital, and logistical support. Their organic and Fairtrade products are sold through the Fairtrasa global sales network at fair prices. Today, Fairtrasa is one of the largest Fairtrade and organic fruit exporters from Latin America.
Fairtrasa Holland B.V. (FTH) is the main sales office of the Fairtrasa group and sells all its products in more than 25 countries. With a motivated and growing team, FTH has proven its sustainable profitability to support the group’s social mission.
Quality Assurance Manager
Position within the company
As Quality Assurance Manager of FTH, you are responsible for the food safety of all products Fairtrasa imports and trades and all quality related issues that come with it. You report to the CSO of FTH.
General tasks and responsibilities
As Quality Assurance employee, you are responsible for everything that is related to the quality of the produce, certifications and audits that come with it, and ensuring that suppliers adhere to all Fairtrasa and European requirements.
Daily, this means that you are responsible for the following tasks:
- Making sure that FTH, including the green banana team, adheres to all requirements that come with all certifications FTH has: BIO, IFS Broker, Fairtrade, Biosuisse, Global GAP Chain of Custody and Demeter;
- Set up and maintain the quality system in accordance with the
- Chairman of HACCP-, TACCP- and VACCP team;
- Prepare and execute all audits, internal and external, (BIO, IFS Broker, Fairtrade, Biosuisse, Global GAP Chain of Custody and Demeter) and customer specific audits;
- Improve Food Safety Culture at the office;
- Ensuring all supplier requirements and certificates are up-to-date and valid, making use of AgriPlace Chain;
- Ensuring all customer requirements are met;
- Managing and executing all residue analyses according to the residue plan;
- Handling claims and taking responsibility for information gathering when issues arise, communicate to the CCO and/or supplier;
- Improve and implement new and innovative processes within FTH and the Fairtrasa group in terms of Operational Excellence and sustainability issues;
- Ensure that the whole FTH team is trained and have the required knowledge with regards to HACCP, TACCP and VACCP;
- Control and check weekly if all COIs are signed in Traces (box 30 and 31 of the COI);
- Seasonal evaluation with quality control
- Focus on carbon neutral and water footprint programming
Who are we looking for?
- Technical master level obtained by a degree and or relevant work experience;
- Experience in a Quality related function in a Fruit and Vegetable
- Knowledge of Dutch law on quality matters is a requirement,
knowledge of international laws on quality matters is a strong
- Decent knowledge of MS-office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- Fluency in Dutch and English; Spanish is an advantage
- Ability to work independently; accuracy;
- Ability to motivate and convince colleagues and clients;
- Excellent communication skills; quality oriented
What we offer
An interesting and challenging job at a social enterprise that highly values entrepreneurship and personal development. Full time job of 38/40 hours per week with 25 days vacation days per year and travel allowance.
Location: ‘s Gravenzande
How to apply
Are you the perfect candidate for this vacancy and do you meet the
requirements? Then send your application to email@example.com
and we will contact you as soon as possible!