Top-5 - gisteren
- "Met een tuinbouwdiploma op zak ben je vrij snel onder de pannen"
- Hitte van bloemen activeert brandalarm, vrachtvliegtuig maakt noodlanding
- Footprint kwekerij Reijm verder gedaald
- Wetenschapper ontdekt nieuwe Dracaena-soort in Koninklijke Burgers' Zoo
- Vijf miljoen Oegandese Fairtrade kerststerren verkopen
Top-5 - afgelopen week
Top-5 - afgelopen maand
Weer & verkeer
Technical Researcher Post Harvest TechnologyAre you interested in innovative and practical solutions for fresh supply chains? In combating food waste in the supply chain? In improving product quality for the consumer? Would you like to work in an organisation where you get room and opportunities to learn, to develop and to turn challenges into successes together? Then let us know quickly that you want to strengthen our growing team!
In the Post-Harvest Technology group we create optimal climates for fresh products to maintain the quality of those products for as long as possible. We use all sorts of technology for this: cooling technology, packaging technology, air conditioning etc. We perform ATP tests for international transporters of fresh products, and research the technical specifications required for containers in order to preserve quality during transport.
As technical researcher for post-harvest technology you are responsible for performing the ATP tests, according to the protocol, in our ISO-certified lab. You are a team player who, together with your colleagues, carries out innovative and multidisciplinary research to solve the problems faced by our national and international clients in the area of post-harvest quality of fresh products, with the help of technological solutions. For this, it is often necessary to work on location (abroad) to guide a project in the right direction, and to experience the problems hands-on.
- You are a practically minded academic with strong communication skills (with a relevant degree, e.g. agricultural technology, horticulture or similar),
- You have knowledge and demonstrable experience of working in an ISO-certified environment,
- You have knowledge of post-harvest technology, cooling technology, CA storage and fresh products such as fruit, vegetables, flower and plants, and you want to continue to develop this knowledge,
- You have experience or a strong affinity with research,
- You are enterprising, take the initiative, and have a strong focus on results,
- You are interested in the latest scientific developments, and know how to translate these to practical applications,
- You are capable of building and maintaining a network and client base,
- You have a good verbal and written command of Dutch and English. Knowledge of French is an advantage
We offerA job at a commercial organisation that will challenge you every day to provide our clients with the best possible solution. As Technical researcher Post-Harvest Technology you will be part of an ambitious team working on a wide range of issues with plenty of scope for initiative. Personal input and responsibility are an integral part of our culture.
We offer a temporary position with an average working time of 36 hours per week. The contract is initially for the period of 1 year, with the possibility of a permanent employment contract in the future. Gross salary is € 4253,- maximum per month. We not only offer a competitive salary but also good (study) leave and a pension of the ABP Pension Fund.
More informationFor more information about this position, please contact Nicole Koenderink (R&D manager), telephone number +31 317 480 225.
For more information about the contractual aspects, please contact Wilma Jansen (HRM department), email Wilma.email@example.com
Interested?You can apply online via this link until April 30, 2018.
We areWageningen Food & Biobased Research develops insights and technologies that support industries, governments, and research institutes to create innovative solutions for a healthier, more sustainable, and prosperous world. Together with our clients we develop healthy and tasty food, truly-sustainable food chains, and chemicals and materials that use biomass instead of fossil resources. Our in-depth knowledge of the entire chain, from raw materials through processing to end product, drives our approach.
We make smart connections between various disciplines to explore complex issues from different perspectives. Through a combination of intelligent analyses and pragmatic invention, we find solutions for these issues. Grounded in science and business, our researchers bring a no-nonsense attitude to their work. We investigate and develop at all stages: upscaling from lab to pilot and from initial idea to production processes that deliver real products for our customers. We have direct access to the latest scientific findings and have a firm grasp of what modern technology offers. Every day, we work with national and global companies, governments and other research institutes to create innovative solutions; now and in the future.
Wageningen Food & Biobased Research is one of the Contract Research Organizations of Wageningen University & Research, with the aim to explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life. With approximately 30 locations, 5,000 members of staff and 10,000 students, Wageningen University & Research is a world leader in its domain. An integral way of working, and cooperation between the exact sciences and the technological and social disciplines are key to its approach. For further information about Wageningen Food & Biobased Research: http://www.wur.eu/wfbr.
For further information about working at Wageningen University & Research, take a look at http://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs.htm
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.