- Aankoper / verlader
- Junior commercieel medewerker AGF
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming
- Orderpicker AGF / heftruckchauffeur
- Marketing & Sales Medewerker
- Ervaren keurmeester biedt zich aan
- Part-time baan (operationeel, commercieel, administratief) in logistiek gezocht
- Botanisch georiënteerde foto- en videograaf
Top-5 - gisteren
Top-5 - afgelopen week
Top-5 - afgelopen maand
Weer & verkeer
J.P. Beemsterboer Food Traders is one of the Netherlands’ largest exporters of food & agri products. Thanks to their typically Dutch business sense and pioneer spirit, the company grows steadily every year. Both on the product side by the increasing export of long-life foods such as garlic, powdered milk, mayonnaise, rice, chicken, beans, edible oils, frozen meat, eggs and fries. But also when it comes to her market leadership in the export of soil products such as potatoes, onions, cabbage and carrots. Senegal is an important market for onions between August and February. Outside of this period, they work with local products. In order to be active in the market even at that time, a project was launched to grow the onions ourselves and collaborate with small-scale local farmers. In order to lead this project from the perspective of cultivation, we are looking for an enterprising Agronomist.
Agronomy Manager West Africa
Management of cultivation techniques of cultivating onions, transferring knowledge.
- Co-responsible for cultivation-technical aspects, including area plan, fertilization, weed control, harvesting and storage.
- Leading and organizing all activities.
- Active presence as an example for local employees, the goal is transferring knowledge and skills and improving results.
- Providing input for policy-making choices in the field of tillage and mechanization.
ProfileYou have knowledge of cultivation techniques and have organisational talent
- At least professional and intellectual capacity at higher professional education (Dutch HBO) and proven experience in cultivation techniques.
- Connection with different cultures has been partially formed by experience abroad; experience in Africa is preferred.
- You have up-to-date knowledge about onion cultivation, preferably large-scale.
- You see operational responsibility as a challenge.
- You have at least basic knowledge of French and knowledge of English.
- You are prepared to move for a few years to a country where other Dutch people go on holiday.
- Furthermore, just like the organisation and the local people, you strive towards a thorough, sustainable result.
- You know how to transfer knowledge on a local level and, if necessary, call in international knowledge.
- Enterprising nature
- Hands-on mentality is important.
- You are perseverant with a high level of involvement.
- You turn problems into opportunities.
- Organisational skills.
- Communication skills.
StationYou will be stationed in West Africa, Senegal. You are free to choose the city in which you would like to live, like Dakar. The cultivation area is easily accessible.
SupplyThe terms of employment are to be established by mutual agreement and are in conformity with market standards. A car will be available for you. If your partner is interested in being active in this region from a socially involved point of view, there are opportunities. The agreement is entered into for the duration of the project.
ApplyJ.P. Beemsterboer has outsourced the Recruitment and Selection process for the vacancy of Agronomy Manager Africa exclusively to FreshRecruitment. For more information, please contact Bob Verburg, available by phone at +31 (0) 6 51 418 734. Applications accepted exclusively via www.freshrecruitment.com. More information about the organization can be found on www.beemsterboer.nl. A personality survey is part of the process.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.